Poverty Worker (Outreach Advice) (FT) £29-31,000 depending on experience
Based in Willesden North London
The Brent Irish Advisory Service (BIAS) has supported London’s largest Irish Community in Brent for over forty years. We would like to appointment a dynamic, enthusiastic Advice Outreach Poverty Worker to provide a hands-on approach to the delivery of BIAS core generalist advice service. This is an exciting opportunity for someone already working in the sector to help shape and lead our community services.
BIAS is a small charity but makes a real difference helping turn people’s lives around and going the extra mile. The main problems we deal with relate to housing, welfare and poor health within our community. We believe passionately that the Irish community should be supported to access rights and entitlements to services. You will need to have strong people skills as you will be working with a small, but friendly staff team and excellent organisational abilities to ensure project deadlines are achieved.
In the current pandemic situation, our service is currently being delivered remotely. The post-holder will be expected to combine working from home and attending the office as needed to meet service needs, which may change as the longer-term Covid-19 situation becomes clearer. BIAS also delivers an Active Ageing club weekly.
Why you should work for BIAS
- We are a dynamic small Charity supporting the UK’s largest Irish Community
- We are firmly driven by our principles and ethos to help an often “forgotten Irish” community.
- We have a good reputation with our funders and our clients, and support approximately 400 people each year in our community.
- We consider our employees an asset with opportunities for training and development
- There is a great atmosphere and good staff morale
- Having a strong Irish connection is definitely a help but not essential but you must be able to relate to the cultural and health needs of the Irish Community.
- Your skills, experience and enthusiasm will help BIAS to continue to grow and develop
- 25 days holiday- plus discretionary Christmas Holidays (based on FT post)
- Contributory Pension
The above role is supported by the City Bridge Trust and is part of a five-year grant funded post (which will be subject to yearly performance reviews for continuation).
The deadline for receipt of applications is Friday 4 June 2021 at midday. Please see the Job Description attached to this advert. BIAS does not accept CVs.
Email your completed application to: [email protected] . You can also email us if you have any questions about the role
Please note at this time interviews may be conducted on a video conferencing platform and expected approx. within 3 weeks of the closing date. All candidates invited to interview will be required to provide documentary evidence of their right to work in the UK in order to comply with the statutory requirements.